Sranya Barkwill – PGDip Ac, MBAcC
Sranya is an experienced Acupuncturist and has been in practice for over 10 years. Sranya completed a three-year degree course, studying at Masters level at the highly respected Northern College of Acupuncture based in York (a course fully validated by the University of Central Lancashire), and currently holds a Post-Graduate Diploma in Acupuncture. Sranya has also been a member of the pulse diagnosis teaching team at the Northern College of Acupuncture and has worked within the NHS for over two years on the Cancer Care Ward at The Friarage Hospital in Northallerton.
Sranya practices Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Master Tung Acupuncture and is a member of the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC), the UK’s leading self-regulatory body for the practice of Traditional Acupuncture in the UK, and follows strict codes of safe practice and professional conduct to ensure a very high standard of service.
Sranya is especially interested in women’s health concerns, and is a member of the Acupuncture Fertility Network. Recent seminars include: ‘Acupuncture in Gynaecology and Fertility’.
Continuing professional development is a requirement of the British Acupuncture Council and Sranya actively attends courses throughout the year to enhance her skills and knowledge, thus providing the very best treatment for her patients.
Recent seminars attended and areas of interest include:
- Master Tung Acupuncture workshop with Dr Tien-Te Tseng, who is one of the few authorised teachers of Master Tung’s Acupuncture and a recognised student of Dr Young Wei-Chieh, a direct disciple of Master Tung (Leeds 2019).
- Master Tung Acupuncture Part 3 with Susan Johnson (London 2015).
- Master Tung Acupuncture Parts 1 and 2 with Susan Johnson (London 2014).
- Working with Fertility and IVF (Leeds 2014).
- Channel Palpation and Treatment of Musculoskeletal Conditions, seminar with Yefim Gamgoneishvili (London 2014).
- Scar Tissue Rejuvenation, seminar with Philip Strong (York, 2014).
- Treating Anxiety, Depression and Insomnia with Acupuncture, seminar with Neil Quinton who has over 11 years experience working with NHS Trust mental health team (York, 2013).
- Auriculotherapy (ear acupuncture) seminar with Jim Chalmers, covering musculo-skeletal protocols and the treatment of psycho-emotional disorders as an obstacle to healing (York, 2012).
- Intensive Pulse Diagnosis session with Scott Tower, Senior Instructor of the Contemporary Chinese Pulse Diagnosis (Shen-Hammer) System (York, 2012).
- PCOS & Endometriosis and ‘The Eight Extraordinary Vessels’ in Fertility, a seminar run by Jani White, Chair of the ‘Acupuncture Fertility Network’ (York, 2012).
- Acupuncture in Gynaecology and Fertility, run by Jani White (York, 2012).
- Refreshing our Needle Skills, seminar with Charlies Buck (York, 2011).